Sunday, October 4, 2015

DEWALT DW713 10-Inch Compound Miter Saw Review - Why Should I Buy It?

In my honest assessment, I consider the DEWALT DW713 10-Inch Compound Miter Saw as one of the best miter saws for cutting over-sized decorative moldings. In fact, I found the miter saw very effective for cutting through hardwood with remarkable ease and accuracy. 


DEWALT DW713 Review


Despite its great accuracy and motor power, this saw is conveniently light for carrying around the workplace or moving it from one working site to another. I was particularly impressed by the saw because of the following features:


DEWALT DW713 Features



Machined Base Fence for Accurate Cuts  


One of the conspicuous advantages of the DEWALT DW713 is the machined base fence. I liked the way this feature holds the fence in a perfect perpendicular position with the blade. This positioning makes the cutting task very easy and accurate for different kinds of cutting. As a carpenter, I prefer to work with a saw that allows me to hold the piece of lumber in a perfect position in order for me to get precise cuts. Every great carpenter understands the importance of a perfect set-up of the fence when cutting miter cuts or bevel cuts on any size of wood.  


Miter Detent Override for Easy Adjustment  


Getting precise miter angles can be difficult when you are working with a substandard miter saw. Fortunately, the DEWALT DW713 10-Inch miter saw was designed with a highly efficient miter detent override that helps in the process of adjustment.

I have often compared this compound miter with many others within its class and found it superior in terms of speed and user-friendly advantages. The override makes it easier to adjust the machine, which helps me to complete simple and tough tasks within a very short time. As a result, I am able to complete a lot of accurate cuts without incurring fatigue.  


Powerful 15 Amp Motor  


I have often enjoyed working with the DEWALT DW713 because of the unique strength of the 15 Amp motor. The motor works with an incredible speed of 5000 rpm, which allows the 10-inch carbide blade to slice through any piece of timber with impressive power. 

The motor works with great consistency and has a proven capacity to cut through lumber of varying lengths and width. I do not have to force the blade to work the piece of lumber because the speed of the rotation and the strength of the blade always make my work easier. I consider this key as a great solution to general carpentry.  


Tall Sliding Fences  


You need some tall sliding fences in order for you to get the best support for crown molding. The tall sliding fences are capable of accomplishing tasks to a vertical height of 4-1/2 inches. I cannot imagine of an alternative saw that would give me better results. 

The tall sliding fences are also good for making great bevel cuts because the fences are capable of sliding off the way to allow the carpenter to get accurate cuts. This is a machine to buy if you love great quality results for all your work. 


Cam Miter Lock for Enhanced Accuracy  


Speed and accuracy are two qualities that usually define the work of a good carpenter. I enjoy working with this miter saw because of its cam miter lock, which enhances the process of table positioning. The lock works quickly and with remarkable accuracy. 

For the length of time that I have worked with this saw, I have come to understand that the quality of my cuts depend a lot on the use of the cam miter lock. I am never concerned about making inaccurate mistakes because the positioning works perfectly for me.


Pros


1. Quick and accurate cuts
2. Ideal for cutting baseboards
3. Can cut over-sized decorative moldings
4. The advantage of portability
5. Has a well-functioning dust bag


Cons


1. May require a better blade
2. Some users consider it as expensive


Final Verdict  


This compound miter saw is both powerful and accurate. It has a strong blade and a powerful motor that allows it to cut through hardwood. If you are considering working on complex crown molding tasks, this saw is the perfect fit for your workshop. It is lightweight and very user-friendly.

Moreover, it works faster and with more precision than many other types saws in its line. This is a great saw for every carpenter.